Bangalore, India (3rd May 2011) VCreate Logic announces the release of GCF – Version 2.5.
GCF (Generic Component Framework), based on Qt, allows developers to compose applications as a collection of components. GCF offers a ready made application architecture
- to manage loading, initialization and unloading of components,
- to configure components using XML files,
- to merge GUI offered by different components into a single application container widget,
- to have components easily discover functionality offered by other components,
- to automatically download and install component updates from one or more update servers,
- to communicate with components on other applications within and outside the host computer (IPC),
- to create signal/slot connections between objects residing in different processes (IPC)
- to load KParts and ActiveX components with ease
- to load GCF components on GCF Application Server for remote access from HTML web-applications running in a browser
Today, we are pleased to announce the availability of GCF Version 2.5.
The main new feature in this version is that the “GCF Application Server” tool, that was first released in version 2.4, is now capable of handling multiple requests simultaneously due to its request-broker architecture (http://www.vcreatelogic.com/docs/gcf-2.5.0/html/gcfappserver_roadmap.html). In addition to this, GCF Application Server is now able to respond to requests from both HTML Web Applicaitons and remote desktop Qt/GCF applications simultaneously.
In addition to the above, the latest version of GCF
- Works with Qt 4.7
- Offers Wizards for QtCreator (http://www.vcreatelogic.com/docs/gcf-2.5.0/html/gcfwithqtcreator.html)
- Has improved documentation to help beginners get started with GCF (http://www.vcreatelogic.com/docs/gcf-2.5.0/html/)
We have made available source-code and pre-compiled binaries for Windows and Linux platforms http://www.vcreatelogic.com/resources/downloads/. We invite you to download and use a copy of the latest version of GCF today!
About VCreate Logic: VCreate Logic (VCL) is a visualization products company based in Bangalore, INDIA. VCL provides products and solutions to help build large visualization software. Their flagship products are Generic Component Framework (GCF) and VTK Designer. VCL also provides expert consultancy services in areas of Qt, GCF, OpenGL, VTK and OpenHaptics. For more details please visit www.vcreatelogic.com.